Monday, November 21, 2011

Having problems with ovarian cysts and whatnot. Help?

I'm 17. A month ago or so, I noticed this sharp pain in my right side. Id get cysts when I was younger, but I haven't for a while. I knew what it was right away, though. The ultra sound confirmed that it was 9 cm by 7 or 8 cm. I was horrified. Now, that cyst is gone but my left side is now hurting in the same manner as the right one was. I did another ultra sound, and the left ovary was clear. What's going on in there?

Having problems with ovarian cysts and whatnot. Help?
It is not unusual for ovarian cysts to be cyclic and appear at certain times of your cycle then disappear. I have had this happen lots of times over the years. Sometimes when they check I'll have a large cyst and other times nothing. As long as the doctors are keeping a check on you then I wouldn't worry. They may recommend hormones or they may not. Hope it helps to know that you are not alone!


No comments:

Post a Comment