Monday, November 21, 2011

What Causes Ovarian Cysts While on Birth Control Pills...And Could This Affect Their Effectiveness?

I'm 19 years old, and I've been on low dose birth control pills for about six months now. Last month, I had to go to the ER because I had an ovarian cyst that had ruptured. I was just wondering what could possibly cause ovarian cysts while on birth control, when I'm NOT supposed to be ovulating? Also, is there a possibility that this could affect the effectivenss of the pill, or be an indication that it isn't effective? Thanks for the help!

What Causes Ovarian Cysts While on Birth Control Pills...And Could This Affect Their Effectiveness?
Ovarian cysts form when your ovaries don't release a mature egg. Fluid forms around the egg, making the cyst. There can be many reasons for this to happen. I think you could get the best answer from your doctor. Maybe the pill you are on is not a good one for you, and you need to be switched to another type.

daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment