Wednesday, July 21, 2010

For doctors and nurses: How do I know if I have a Bartholin cyst?

I just need help diagnosing it. I had one in 8th grade and I'm nineteen now. But I'm worried it might be something else? I'm always paranoid..... Can someone help?

For doctors and nurses: How do I know if I have a Bartholin cyst?
I'm not a doctor or a nurse, but I am sending you a link that describes them and even has a photo of one,





Most important: these do not itch or cause pain. If you have something that is painful, it is most likely something else.
Reply:Bartholin Cyst Symptoms





A Bartholin cyst causes swelling of the labia on one side, near the entrance to the vagina. A cyst is usually not very painful, and significant pain suggests that an abscess has developed. However, large cysts may be painful simply by virtue of their size.


A Bartholin abscess causes significant pain in addition to the swelling. The swollen area is extremely tender and the skin reddened. Walking and sitting may be quite painful. Women with Bartholin abscesses do not usually have fever. Vaginal discharge may be present, especially if the infection is caused by a sexually transmitted organism.


No comments:

Post a Comment