Saturday, July 24, 2010

What are the dimensions of the piece that gets inserted in the vagina for an ultrasound for an ovarian cyst?

Any personal experience about how the procedure feels would be appreciated too. Thanks

What are the dimensions of the piece that gets inserted in the vagina for an ultrasound for an ovarian cyst?
I had a vaginal (and regular) ultrasound a couple months ago. I do not have ovarian cysts, but I needed the ultrasound for a prolapsed uterus. I had to have a full bladder, so I drank a TON of water before I went in. They did the regular/abdominal ultrasound first, then let me pee. The vaginal ultrasound was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was expecting this huge thing poking me!! The wand is long, but not very wide- maybe as wide as a super absorbency tampon!?!? I hope that helps you get an idea of the width. It didn't hurt at all, and I almost forgot it was in there while she was doing the ultrasound. It was uncomfortable for just a few seconds when she had it on my ovaries. Good luck and you should be fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment