Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My 6 year old son is having surgery to remove a branchial cleft cyst. Anyone have a child that went thru this

I am so nervous about this surgery. They are going to use general anesthesia and I just worry about something going wrong. The last time I put a child through surgery, it was my 11 month old son and he did not survive, although it was open heart surgery, but I'm still so scared even though this surgery is much less serious. I just keep having visions of what I went through before, you know? I just want some reassurance that this surgery is not life-threatening and that he should be fine.

My 6 year old son is having surgery to remove a branchial cleft cyst. Anyone have a child that went thru this
Well, I am a doctor, GP + anaesthetist and I have anesthetized many hundreds 6 year olds. Also many of them had branchial cysts. Though it is not very common, but there is nothing serious about it. Your son will be fine, don't worry.


Good luck!
Reply:I hope all went well! I recently had a Branchial Cleft Cyst myself and I'm 26 years old. Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment