Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Is there a difference in the way a lump should feel to a cyst in the breast? Or do they feel the same?

a lump is a general term, and at times it could be a lump that is a cyst.





in terms of what type of lump...





does it move when you push on it?





does it hurt?





does it grow and reduce depending on a given point in (I'm assuming you're female) your cycle?





etc.





ask a doctor. if you're really concerned, ask for an ultrasound. or a mammogram if you're old enough.





then you will know if it is fluid-filled, a fibroadenoma, etc, and what and what not to be concerned about.





you should not take birthcontrol until you know. estrogen is really good food for breast cancer.

Is there a difference in the way a lump should feel to a cyst in the breast? Or do they feel the same?
NO, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE, U NEED TO GET IT CHECKED OUT ASAP...
Reply:I had a lump in my breast once. I went to my GYN and she found the one that I felt and she also found another. . . I am under 30 at the time so instead of a mammography - she ordered an ultrasound of my breast for a grand total of 5 lumps detected in one breast.





The were not cancerous. However, they were not cysts either.





You should go to a doctor because your touch isn't enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment