Monday, August 23, 2010

Anyone had cysts during pregnancy?

Saw doctor about ultrasound results today. She said there's a cyst on the "other side" of my uterus (not ovaries) so I think that means my left side because the baby is on the right. So they scheduled me for a follow-up ultrasound in 4 weeks.


Anyone had this, what does it mean? All I could find online was info on ovarian cysts during pregnancy but that's not what this is.

Anyone had cysts during pregnancy?
Early on, I had a cyst that was strictly related to the pregnancy. It was called a corpus luteum cyst. Kind of made me mad at first. My doctor brushed over the subject like it was no big deal. But in the end, after researching it online, I found out that it's perfectly normal. The cyst maintains the pregnancy. It's also the culprit behind the aches and pains you may be experiencing. Don't worry, after about 16 weeks it should dissolve. Your doctor is doing the right thing by scheduling a followup ultrasound.


No comments:

Post a Comment