Monday, August 23, 2010

Chances of infection of cysts?

I have a cyst on my skin, and it was infected about 5 months ago (there was an abcess there) and they tell me I should have the cyst removed. Anyways, they don't seem to be in a big rush (it's not big) but I'm afraid of it getting infected again. It seems to have completely healed from the last infection, but it was so painful I don't want it to happen again. Is it rare for a cyst to get infected like this or is it cause of irritation because it's on my skin or whatever? I plan on having it removed I just want to make sure I can do whatever I can to keep it from turning into another abcess.

Chances of infection of cysts?
If you have it removed the worry is over. It's not a big deal when removing it. The infection feels much, much worse. Cysts do get infected. Waiting longer to see a doctor just makes it worse. Get it taken care of before it get to the point of infection. These are common, not much you can do to prevent it..
Reply:I believe that she may have a condition called Hidradenitis Supprativa. It is a condition of re-occurring boils/ cysts/abscesses , that are often misdiagnosed as ingrown hairs, herpes, being unclean and folliculitis. This is a newly diagnosed skin condition , but there is a lot of info out there.


Here is a link :


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradeniti...


If this sounds like it might be you, READ it, PRINT it out, and TAKE it to your DOC.


Its better to try to start treatment soon, it can spread over the body if left untreated. These boils can become quite large and painful. Sometimes even lasting for weeks or months , do not attempt to POP them they can then tunnel under your skin and spread all over the body. Most common areas are armpits, groin, binkni line, inner legs, and intimate places and basically anywhere that sweats and rub against clothing. Stress is a big inducer.





There is some support groups at MSN





(http://groups.msn.com/HidradenitisSuppor...





and yahoo, and I am open for questions!


I have had this for 8 years, I was misdiagnosed for a LONG time, It was very embarrassing, painful and scary. I am just trying to help out so you don’t have to wait as long as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment