Friday, August 20, 2010

Ovarian Cysts & Birth Control?

Ok...so my OB/GYN put me on birth control to reduce the size of my ovarian cyst, which was HUGE! I was away at school and ran out of my 3 month supply and could not get back home to get up to the office to get another pack to hold me off until I went to my appointment. So I was on it for 3 months and have been off for a month. The cyst is still there and is very tender right now. Is it possible that I didn't have my period this month because of the cyst and not having the birth control?





P.S. No possibility of pregnancy.

Ovarian Cysts %26amp; Birth Control?
Yes and Yes,


Birth control pills, for most people, tend to make you very regular, this is because you are getting a set dose of hormones on a regular basis. Going off the pill will make your system have to reregulate itself. You may be late or early or spotty. You still need to get back to the doctor. If the pills haven't helped the cyst, he will look to other options to help you. Ovarian cysts are a nuisance, ovarian cancer can be deadly.

ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment