Friday, August 20, 2010

Sebaceous Cysts or what?

About 2 years ago I got a bump on my right side of my head. I went to the doctor and they said it was a small sebeceous cyst. Now I have one ALSO on the left side of my head in about the same place symetrically. Are they cysts, cancer, or what?

Sebaceous Cysts or what?
Nothing to worry about. I had to surgicaly remove mine only because they were in the lower area. Most common places are head, groin and armpits. No real reason why certain people get them. You can have them drained but if they are painful or return I reccomend having them surgicaly removed mine have never came back after that. Also when they remove it they send it off for a biopsy.
Reply:My dad had a huge one on his head for years, and it never seemed to be a problem. He finally had it taken off because my mother nagged him to do it. It's just a hair/oil gland that gets plugged up.


No comments:

Post a Comment