Friday, August 20, 2010

Arachnoid cysts?

Hello I have just been told That I have an arachnoid cyst and that it is aggravating part of my brain causing seizures I am 26 and have never had a seizure before until the other day at a friends house who had me rushed to the hospital I was told by the doctor that some children are born with an arachnoid cyst or that it can be caused by trauma to the head and that most can go on with there lives with out a problem but that mine seems to be aggravating part of my brain witch is causing these seizures and may be the cause of some other problems I have had in the past but because of the rareness and other factors normally never gets diagnosed or found unless by accident when doing an mri or ct scan and that but sorry i am getting to in to detail here what I would please like help with is any info any one might have on this weather by experience or second hand knowledge what people with symptoms from an arachnoid cyst may expect or any other info as I am extremely scared and upset

Arachnoid cysts?
My mom, aunt, and grandma had/ have this same cyst. I'm showing the early signs of it, but I'm only 16 and haven't gotten an MRI yet. I'm pretty scared too, so I don't have much to say that would make you feel better except that I kind of know what you're going through and I hope yours isn't as intrusive as the ones my family has had. From what I know about the cyst, you are very lucky that you got diagnosed in the first place, because doctors end up treating you for things that you don't have otherwise. Some people even dismiss people who have this cyst as insane later in life, as it does harm your brain. I hope all goes well with you.

paper bush

No comments:

Post a Comment