Monday, August 23, 2010

Can ovarian cysts cause weight gain??

My hormones are affected by this cyst i have growing. It is going to be removed soon but I have noticed my weight increasing. can cysts do that??

Can ovarian cysts cause weight gain??
I would guess that it is probably from the hormone changes. Indirectly the cyst would be causing the weight gain, since it is causing the hormone changes. I had an ovarian cyst when I was 16, and I also had it removed. I honestly didn't notice myself gaining weight before or after it was removed. The surgary is no picnic, but it's great to not be in pain anymore. You also have to figure that the cyst has some weight to it as well. I don't know how big yours is, but depending on size, and how much weight you've gained, that could be a major factor as well. Good luck with your operation!


No comments:

Post a Comment