Monday, August 23, 2010

Exploding ovarian cysts... resulting effects?

I had a fairly large cyst (9 cms) on my right ovary that 'exploded' a week ago Friday. I've since had an MRI and the doctors concurr that we should go with the 'wait %26amp; see' method... I've been a lot better than I was, despite a few twinges here %26amp; there, but now it seems that during the past 3 days that the cyst may be rolling around in my stomach and (I apologize if this is crude) seems to be compressing my bowels. I feel as if it wants to come out ... I mean it even hurts when I sit down!


Since I know that there are LOTS of women out there who have been through this, can you tell me if this is 'normal'?


Thanks

Exploding ovarian cysts... resulting effects?
Two years ago I had to have emergency surgery because I had a cyst that was about to explode, I was vomiting everything I ate even water made me throw up, the doctor removed the cyst and the ovary, he said the cyst had cut off circulation to my ovary. I would go back to the Dr.
Reply:I was wondering if you had ever had any other problems other than this? i was just at the hospital last night because i had severe apin in my right side. the took blood and determined that it wasn;t my appendix or kidney's. they think that i have a cyst on my ovary. I have had cysts befroe but none as apinful as this... it brought to my knees and I got very hot and flush all of a sudden. now I am doing the 'wait %26amp; see' method.


No comments:

Post a Comment