Friday, August 20, 2010

Ovarian cysts... again?

I've had 2 surgeries in 9 months. 1st was a fibroid tumor on my uterus, 6cm. 2nd was a cyst on my right ovary, 7cm resulting in the removal of the ovary as well. I went to my OB this past friday for all the same symptoms. He suggested a pelvic ultrasound and birth control. I could only get an appt. for the ultrasound in 2 weeks! I hate this, it's messing with my life. I couldn't wait, not 2 weeks working with pain, so I went to the ER. Tada. A 4cm cyst on my one good ovary. Can I elect to have surgery to have a histerectomy? And I've switched insurance. Will this be considered a pre-existing condition? I do not plan on having children. I have felt this way for years. The 1st surgery, my doctor wanted to give me time to think. It's been 2 years, and I'd rather have my health than a baby.

Ovarian cysts... again?
The choice to have or have not a hysterectomy is only your. Having a total hysterectomy i.e. remove not only your uterus but your one left good ovary might result in menopause symptoms like hot flashes and other problems. You might consider leaving part of the ovary to prevent you from going into a difficult menopausal period, though have no idea how old you are. As to the insurance you better find out before or postpone your surgery till you have all the facts before you. Good luck.
Reply:leave only a piece of one remove the rest you will still get your what you need with out supplerments or patches if they can leave enough of it to work good luck.....


No comments:

Post a Comment