Monday, August 23, 2010

Ovarian cysts?

I was in the ER the other night with terrible pain in my left side, around my ovary and into my back. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome but never had a cyst. When I went in I was thinking it was probably a urinary tract infection that had got into my kidney, well I didn't have that, and they did a cat scan where they make me drink the barium shake (which later ended up in my front yard lol) and it didn't show anything, is it possible to have a small enough cyst that it doesn't show up? They ran blood tests and everything and nothing came back, Im really frustrated because they said there was nothing at all.....any ideas. I am still having the pain so Im very confused. There has to be something wrong for me to be in pain.

Ovarian cysts?
Hi,


I am a doctor..


You have to think of the following things..





1.torsion of ovarian cyst


but do not get this confused with the cysts of PCOS (POLY CSYITIC OVARIAN SYNDROME)


the cysts in PCOS are very small..while an ovarian cyst which undergoes torsion is much larger..


it should be seen in a scan if it was present,


(the ovarian cyst)





2.ectopic pregnancy


when did you have your last period?this may be a possibility if you dint have your periods for the past 2,3 months..


but if you periods wer regular and if you had them recently. then there is no need to wory..





3.urinary tract infection with pyelonephritis..did they rule out this after doing a urine culture/urine full report?





4.some other pathology inside th abdominal cavity..


but most of them are seen on a scan..





If you are still in pain go and show the scan to some other experinced doctor..


Sometimes trivial things may be missed on the scans by inexperienced radiologists..





So if the pain persists goto a doctor and show your reports again..


sometimes a scan may be needed to be repeated..








If you want more info, feel free to write to me or visit


www.medicguide.org


This is a free site done by me and other doctors to answer health querries for free.
Reply:girl, don't take it lightly, get a good Gynaecologist, and get all your test properly done again, it could be a case of Ectopic pregnancy.


It happened to me few year ago, and my gynao told me that I have nothing to worry, it;s just ovary cyst and that it's not very serious. But no medicine cured me, and my doctor suspected of ectopic but she wasnt sure. She recommended to go for leprocy ( sorry I cant remember exact name of that test, but it was someting like that), and then they found out what was the real problem, and surgery is the only option if this is the case.





I am not trying to scare you, but thought I should share it with you, may be of some help. Take care of your self.

paper bush

No comments:

Post a Comment