Monday, August 23, 2010

I am wondering if some cysts are worse than others?

A few months ago I was having really bad pain so I went to the hospital and they said i had a couple cyst on my ovaries. I am wondering if you know when you have cyst everytime? Or is some of them not painful? I was looking around and some things say that you dont know everytime. And also I was wondering do you have to get cyst removed everytime?I would really appreciate it if you could let me know thank you.....

I am wondering if some cysts are worse than others?
Hi there! I've been diagnosed with a few ovarian cysts...all of mine have been small, and didn't need to be drained/removed. I can usually tell when they're coming on, b/c I'll get a sharp pain in either of my sides. My friend had a cyst that was HUGE and they had to remove her entire ovary, so I know they can get pretty big. But, from my experience, the doctors tell me that they'll eventually go away, and if they don't, I'll know from the pain.
Reply:I've had an ovarian cyst also. It ruptured and was EXTREMELY painful. I know what you're going through. Anyway, the best thing to do is prevent them from getting out of control. Every month your ovaries create a cyst to store the egg in before the egg is released. To prevent this from happening, you should start taking birth control pills. This way you don't ovulate; therefore, your ovaries have no reason to create the cysts every month.


No comments:

Post a Comment