Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Question about ovarian cysts and CT scan........?

I hope somebody out there might know the answer to this. I had an abdominal/pelvic CT scan done about 6 or 7 wks ago which showed that I have an ovarian cyst on my right ovary. I'd had a laparascopy done about 6 wks prior to the CT scan but the dr wasn't able to see my right ovary during the procedure. I've been experiencing extreme pain right in the area where the right ovary is but the dr isn't sure if it's the cyst causing the pain or something else so we're trying a couple of different things %26amp; I go see him again in about 3 wks from now. But now I'm worried thinking, oh my god, if he couldn't see the ovary during the laparoscopy, %26amp; I have a cyst on my ovary, how do I know that it might not be cancer? I know that the majority of cysts are not cancerous %26amp; are just fluid-filled, but I'm assuming that the CT scan wouldn't be able to tell if it was fluid filled or not. So how would they know that it's a cyst as opposed to a tumour? Is there anybody out there who can give me more info?

Question about ovarian cysts and CT scan........?
Hey! I had a masive cyst on my left ovary 3 years ago that was picked up in a simple ultrasound (and i mean massive it had 5 litres of fluid in it). The only way that you can tell if its a tumour and cancerous or just a cyst is when its removed, they take it off for testing and come back and tell you if its cancerous or not.. as you said more times that not it is non cancerous and just fluid filled! The best thing to do is stop stressing out and wait untill the doctor removes it!!


Good Luck!
Reply:There are many different types of ovarian cysts because of the fear of ovarian cancer, cysts are a common cause of concern but it is important to know that the vast majority of ovarian cysts are not cancer cyst may cause discomfort the good news is that almost all ovarian cysts will go away by themselves without any treatment if you have massive pain or discomfort it could do to the rupture of the cyst most doctors give cysts the chance of them going away with out treatment if they discover the cysts have not yet decreased or dissolve in the time period they gave between your appointments then most possible scenario would be to remove it and as of the possibility of it being a tumor those are normally easily detected with just a simple ultrasound so if your gynecologist didn't mention that possibility then mostly likely that is not the problem so maybe you should just give it time and hope for the best like i said cysts are known to go away by them self with or without pain and discomfort just try not to stress about it its worse to do so good luck and wish you the best xoxo





ohh well if your bleeding or spotting and if it has a funny smell i think you should get that checked right away specially if your still feeling pain here go to this website and search for all that you could think of that has to do with cysts


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovarian_cys...

daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment