Friday, August 20, 2010

Ovarian cysts and health care insurance?

Months ago I found out i had one big cyst on my right and a small one on my left. Since i don't have health insurance, I have to deal with the county health facilities. I made an appointment to see an ob-gyn and i told her and gave her papers that i received from the hospital confirming about the cysts. Well both cysts were still present at my check up. I had a pelvic us did about a month ago. I just went yesterday to find out the results. The one on my right wasn't there no more and the one on the left had gotten bigger and she said it was twice the normal size she said it could be fluid. Since it a county facility they had reffered me to another ob-gyn and my appt is in january of 08. i really want to get this checked out soon as possible and since i don't have health insurance. I have to wait too see a doctor like every two months. I need to know how can i get health insurance. I don't have any kids and i am on low income.

Ovarian cysts and health care insurance?
The cyst on your right side probably broke. If the one on your left is just fluid, there is not much to be concerned about which is probably why they didn't give you an emergency appointment. Cysts are very painful but the doctors will usually just tell you to wait and see if it goes away on their own. Usually besides the pain, if it's a fluid filled cyst they only thing that may happen is tortion of the ovary. It's where the ovary twists on itself.





Besides public assistance the only ways to get insurance that I can think of is through an employer or if you pay for it yourself through a private agency. Private insurance can run several thousands a year. Because you already have the cysts, an insurance company may not cover treatment because it may be considered a pre-existing condition.


No comments:

Post a Comment