Monday, August 23, 2010

CYSTS What to do??

I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome and recenetly discovered I have a massive cyst on my right ovary. Firstly, how do I treat it?? Im not into getting surgery. And also it causes a lot of pain and is difficult for me to walk. I just wanted to know what I can do about exercise....?

CYSTS What to do??
Hi. I have this exact same condition and was first diagnosed at 22 more than 25yrs ago. First off there is NOTHING you can do to treat that cyst yourself. I have so many that mine are totally in-operable save for a hysterectomy and at 22 that wasn't an option. What if the cyst bursts and causes a severe internal infection? Is it worth risking your life? Me. I would be getting that surgery. Speak to your obgyn for other options too.
Reply:While I dont support forcing surgery on anyone, I believe your views on surgery will change when the cyst ruptures and the pain is too severe. This is something that be somewhat relieved by surgical intervention and I would give it some careful consideration.


No comments:

Post a Comment