Monday, August 23, 2010

Explain causes of cysts, esp thyroid please?

1. does anyone really know what would cause a thyroid cyst? Is it a deficiency or did the person breathe in something or was exposed to toxins or what...? :)


2. any natural ways to shrink thyroid cysts or any cyst I suppose in general? any other natural treatments, such as apply heat or would that explode it? etc ? :)


it is big (someone said you can't see them, but yes, you can), takes up the whole left side of my thyroid, but my thyroid is still working fine, so I don't see a need to cut out something that is still working and doesn't seem to be cancerous. (they did try a FNA but ended up sticking me in wrong spots and only getting blood ..it was quite painful, I had to get extra pain medicine, and it caused a hemangioma I think they said (big blood clot basically) it was NOT a nice procedure!! so I'm not going back unless it feels bigger.


Help! %26amp; thanks a bunch

Explain causes of cysts, esp thyroid please?
there really isnt anything you can do yourself to shrink it or make it go away, i would continue to talk to your doctors about this, just explain to them that you dont want that procedure again and perhaps they can come up with another treatment plan. Also did they tell you it was working fine? I had to have mine completely removed because it was cancerous (very rare by the way) its not so bad living without it. I cant really tell and its much more comforatable without the lump on the side of my neck. Often times its caused by not having enough iodine in your system, or as in my case they just arent sure, and if you also want to know what causes cysts in general its different for different parts of the body. so the reasons would be too numerous to list ok this seems like a fairly informative site to get you started and can hopefully give you a much better answer http://www.medicinenet.com/cysts/article...
Reply:Cycts are sacs that contain either fluid, air, puss or other matter. I do not believe that anyone knows what causes these to develope in some people more then others. Personally, I have cysts in my thyroid, liver, breasts, ovaries and some that were on my skin. The cysts in my thyroid, actually called nodules, did not cause the function to change for many years so I choose to leave it alone. However, once I went hyperthyroid it was recommended that my thyroid be removed. The surgery went well and I am now maintained on synthroid. Family history of thyroid problems probably plays a bigger role in developing cysts or not. Many women in my family have had thyroid problems so I wasn't surprised when I developed a goiter.


No comments:

Post a Comment